Be sure to keep Max’s Restaurant & Cucina in mind for Thanksgiving breakfast and lunch. We are conveniently located at 3514 State Street, in Santa Barbara’s Upper State St. area. This makes our Santa Barbara family restaurant the perfect stop before any of your Thanksgiving events or holiday shopping.
If you are looking for a place to enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch on Thanksgiving day, be sure to join us at Max’s Restaurant. We will be serving our Santa Barbara breakfast and lunch favorites on THANKSGIVING DAY, November 26, from 7:00 am until 1:00 pm, and hope to see you there! Bring your out-of-town guests and introduce them to Santa Barbara dining at its best.
If you eat too much turkey over the Holiday, you might want to book an appointment with Santa Barbara pilates professional Chanda Fetter to help you get back in shape!
Or if you would prefer relaxation instead of exercise, see Chrys across the street at Qui Si Bella Spa!
Be sure to look for upcoming comedy nights in Santa Barbara, no corkage fee Wednesdays, and other nights of food and fun at Max’s. Visit our website and join our eClub for special discounts and coupons.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Your friendly staff at Max’s Restaurant
Thanksgiving Humor from Max’s Restaurant
Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for everything we have. But it can also be a great time for a little humor, too. Here are some Thanksgiving jokes you can enjoy and share with your family:
- What happened when the turkey got into a fight? He got the stuffing knocked out of him! We’re sure there will be plenty of stuffing on the table for Thanksgiving dinner!
- What smells the best at a Thanksgiving dinner? Your nose! Although there are great smells at Max’s every day!
- What is a turkey’s favorite dessert? Peach gobbler! We’ve got a tasty variety of homemade desserts to please any turkey’s palate at Max’s.
- What do you wear to Thanksgiving dinner? A Har-VEST. Don’t worry about your attire at Max’s Restaurant. We’re Santa Barbara casual every day. Just come and have a great time.
- If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for? Their AGE! People of all ages love to eat at Max’s. From our Santa Barbara brunch to our Italian cuisine, we love to feed every member of the family.
- Why did the police arrest the turkey? They suspected it of fowl play. There is no fowl play at Max’s – just good food, great service, and fun times.
- If fruit comes from a fruit tree, where does turkey come from? A poul-tree! We’ve got plenty of poultry items on our menu – and some pretty good meat and fish items, too!
- A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn’t find one big enough. She asked a stock boy, “Do these turkeys get any bigger?” “No, ma’am. They’re dead.” Don’t worry – there is plenty of food for your family at Max’s!
Want to hear more jokes? Join us on December 13 for Max’s 2nd Sunday Dinner Comedy Night for delicious food and hilarious comedy with Carol Metcalf and friends. The comedy starts at 7:30 PM for $10, and dinner is available from 5:00 PM. As Santa Barbara’s premier venue for dinner comedy, every performance at Max’s Restaurant & Cucina features professional comedians from all over the nation. We draw our headliner talent from such leading showrooms as Comedy Central, The IMPROV, The Comedy Store, and the Laugh Factory. Please RSVP to reserve a table at 805-898-9121. Reserved seating may be obtained with dinner reservations.
Thanksgiving Q&A with Max’s Restaurant & Cucina
Q: Are you open for Thanksgiving Dinner?
A: We will not be open Thursday (Thanksgiving), Friday, and Saturday for dinner. We will only be open for breakfast & Lunch. Our Santa Barbara family restaurant serves breakfast and lunch Monday through Sunday from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. just like we have been doing daily for over thirty years! Our fine Italian cuisine and home-made Italian pastas are typically served Tuesday through Saturday evenings, from 5:00 until 9:00 p.m.
Q: What’s for breakfast?
A: Max’s Restaurant is proud to serve the best breakfast in town. Try our famous made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes or omelets with loads of Green Star Coffee. Or check out our Hollandaise Classics made with our own Hollandaise over two poached eggs and a grilled English muffin and served with potatoes.
Q: What’s on the authentic Italian cuisine menu?
A: Just about everything that will remind you of dining in Italia. Start with an antipasto rustico or insalata, paired with Prosecco Brut from La Marca, Italia. For your entrée, you can choose from pasta, fish, meat, or pizza, each made with our own special touch. Ask your server to recommend the perfect red wine, white wine or beer to complement your meal. Buon Appetito!
Thanksgiving Events in Santa Barbara CA
Max’s Restaurant loves Santa Barbara because there is so much to do and see. We think you will enjoy some of these Thanksgiving and holiday events in Santa Barbara:
- ArtSEE: November 22-30 in the Faulkner Gallery at the Santa Barbara Central Library. ArtSEE is a fundraiser art exhibit and sale to benefit SEE International, a non-profit organization where volunteer eye surgeons work to restore sight to disadvantaged blind individuals worldwide. The exhibition features original and affordable works by Abstract Art Collective members, plus additional artwork juried and curated by Dug Uyesaka.
- Thanksgiving Day Pumpkin Smash: November 26, 10am-3:30pm at the Santa Barbara Zoo. Get out of the house and come to the Zoo for a smashin’ good time!
- Coming in December – 30th Annual Santa Barbara Parade of Lights: “A Red, White & Blue Holiday” in tribute to our local veterans. The event starts with fun for the entire family at Santa’s Village on the City Pier in Santa Barbara Harbor. The annual boat parade begins at 5:30 p.m. with about 25 boats motoring, sailing, and paddling the Santa Barbara Coastline. The event culminates with a 5-7 minute fireworks display at approximately 7 p.m.
About Max’s Restaurant & Cucina: Max’s Restaurant is located at 3514 State Street, Santa Barbara, in the Upper State St. area. The Santa Barbara family restaurant serves breakfast and lunch Monday through Sunday from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Fine Italian cuisine and home-made Italian pasta are served Tuesday through Saturday evenings, from 5:00 until 9:00 p.m. Visit the website at http://www.maxsrestaurantsb.com for complete menu selections. “Like” the Facebook page for news on comedy nights and upcoming dinner specials. Call 805-898-9121 to make reservations.